Karlie Kloss is a very inspirational person and one of my biggest role models. For those of you who don’t know, Karlie is a very successful supermodel who has a passion for baking and coding. She has also launched a coding program called ‘Kode with Klossy’ targeting girls to get into tech and teach them how to code which I think is very unique and a great idea. Additionally, Karlie has her own line of vegan cookies which she sells at Momofuku in NYC and has instructional baking videos on her YouTube channel, Klossy. Although she does not have a recipe video for her most popular flavor, the Perfect 10, I found a recipe on Spoon University for it and was dying to try it out!
The Perfect 10 is an oatmeal chocolate cookie made using all natural and vegan ingredients, and is a much healthier version of the classic chocolate chip cookie. It reminds me almost of one of those Quacker chocolate chip granola bars I used to love as a kid! Just a more adult version! Which basically makes these cookies, breakfast cookies am I right? 😉 Enjoy with a glass of vanilla almond milk or a cup of hot coffee and you’ve got yourself a dessert (or breakfast) fit for a supermodel!
The Perfect 10 Cookie by Karlie Kloss
- 3 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1-2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- pinch Cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Karlie’s original recipe contains slivered almonds, however I am not a fan of nuts in my baked goods, I omitted them. Once the mixture is thoroughly mixed, add wet ingredients and stir until everything is well combined.
- Roll out dough on a flat surface. Using a circle cookie cutter or the rim of a glass, cut out cookie shapes, and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes depending on the size and thickness of your cookie. Let cool and enjoy with a glass of vanilla almond milk!